Engineering Lead, Augmented Reality Ads Platform
Blippar is hiring a senior software engineer to lead a team of engineers working on a web-based, augmented reality ads platform. We are focusing on turning common digital ads into an immersive and engaging experience for millions of ad viewers. Projects range from building 3D AR experiences, facial masks, and virtual try-ons, to building backend services which support scaling the platform and serving tens of millions of AR ads per day. These projects will push your skills to implement solutions at the edge of current technological possibilities. This role will enforce good development practices including CI/CD and test automation across the platform. We are looking for an explorer who can solve problems that don't already have clearly defined answers.
- Lead a team of talented software engineers to build immersive 3D augmented reality experiences
- Build tools and libraries that enable the production team to build custom AR experiences efficiently.
- Design and build services and infrastructures that can deliver AR experiences at a very large scale with ultra-low latency.
- Integrate virtual overlays in the web-based render engine with the real surrounding physical world.
- Experience implementing and optimizing 3D experiences based on DirectX, OpenGL, or WebGL
- Deep understanding of the web and web based applications
- Knowledge of common web frameworks (ThreeJS, A-Frame, React, WebRTC, or Electron)
- Proficient in writing and optimizing vertex and fragment shaders
- Experience working with game engines (Unity, Unreal, Cocos2D) is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Stock Option Plan
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks