Site Reliability Engineer
In the SRE/Backend team at Blippar, we go to extraordinary lengths to avoid surprises, and we're fanatical about automation.
We approach a wide range of problems using software; our goal is to build deeply-integrated, autonomous systems that allow us to take responsibility for a range of business-critical services in a way that makes us happy as engineers.
We're looking for a driven, focussed and imaginative technologist to join our team of blue-sky pragmatists as we develop and scale our platforms and applications. We're looking for someone who not only has a good understanding of the technological landscape, but who shares our enthusiasm for applying engineering principles, removing human limitations from processes, and delegating decision-making to computers in innovative ways.
We want you to have experience developing in Go, C/C++ or Java (ideally you'll already appreciate the beauty of Go, which we use as our main language), but more importantly you'll be able to demonstrate a self-motivated drive to engage with technology, which is something that we're keen to support and encourage on an ongoing basis. This is a role that is constantly changing and improving in line with the state of the art, and would be ideal for someone who will embrace that change and who is interested in moving towards pure software development in the future.
- BS/MS/PhD in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering)
- C/C++, Go or Java programming experience
- Scripting language experience, like python, perl or bash
- Knowledge of UNIX systems
- Good team worker
- Experience/knowledge of large scale distributed systems
- Experience on knowledge search and/or knowledge graph a strong plus
- Experience of large-scale web crawling or vertical crawling a strong plus
- Knowledge/experience of machine learning a plus
At Blippar, we are building a brand new behaviour that we like to call visual browsing. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to seamlessly and completely bridge the physical and digital worlds using our extraordinary image-recognition and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future by revolutionising the way in which people interact with their environments.
Since launching in 2011 Blippar has expanded at lightning speed, partnering with the world’s most thrilling brands and media owners, including Condé Nast, TIME Inc., Unilever, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Nestlé, Heinz, Coca-Cola, Anheuser Busch, L'Oréal, Universal Pictures and Jaguar. And this is just the beginning.
So if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Generous annual leave
- Collaboration at all levels of the business
- The chance to work with - and drive the use of - the newest technology
- Great colleagues and atmosphere
- Flexible working hours