Junior Mobile QA
Come and join Blippar’s mobile team! Blippar is a leading technology company specialising in augmented reality, artificial intelligence and computer vision. Since launching in 2011, Blippar has been pioneering in Augmented Reality (AR) and we have since built an AR ecosystem. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to seamlessly and completely bridge the physical and digital worlds using our ground-breaking computer vision and augmented reality technologies.
Blippar is headquartered in London with offices in the US, Singapore and India. We have created a range of products that are harnessed across a wide range of sectors. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running, most recently earlier this year.
Please note: we are only considering candidates that can work on-site at the Blippar offices in London at present.
We’re looking for a Junior QA Analyst to join our team. The position is predominantly for manual, but with scope for gaining experience in automation testing.
This role requires somebody who has both a strategic approach to QA as well as not being afraid to get stuck in with the more day-to-day hands-on requirements of the role. You’ll need to be able to work autonomously with a proactive and can-do attitude.
Due to the small size of the team, and our somewhat agile approach for releases, excellent communication skills will be needed as there will be times where liaising with people from other areas of the product development process will be essential.
We are looking for someone with
- Experience working in a QA role, ideally working within a tech start-up or mobile app environment
- High attention to detail for finding/reporting bugs, especially in the areas of UX/UI design
- Practical experience with bug tracking & test cases management tools (Jira, Testrail or similar)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for learning new technology and capable of adapting to new priorities and challenges
- Effective, precise communication with other team members (tech as well as non-tech), both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use initiative to investigate issues, clearly outline and clarify any potential concerns when necessary
- Has created effective test plans and test cases for new features and also regress existing areas of functionality
- Experience working with offshore team members
- Exposure and knowledge of mobile testing tools, like Charles Proxy, Postman
- Knowledge of using Xcode/ADB to retrieve system logs
Welcome to Blippar, we’re a technology company that specialises in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, a cutting-edge field within Artificial Intelligence (AI) that trains lenses to recognise and understand the world they see. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to seamlessly and completely bridge the physical and digital worlds using our extraordinary computer vision and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future by revolutionising the way in which people interact with their environments. Think ‘the early days of the Internet’ … but bigger.
Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar’s technology has been used by world-leading brands such as PepsiCo, Porsche, Nestlé, L’Oréal, GSK, General Mills and Procter & Gamble to create exciting and award-winning experiences which deepen consumer engagement. And this is just the beginning. Blippar had grown to world leading augmented reality and computer vision company. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running, most recently earlier this year.
Our wonderfully diverse team, spread in 3 continents, is bursting with visionaries, inventors, developers, artists, dealmakers, mathematicians, organisers and writers. Every single person at Blippar is integral to our company’s colorful, energetic and collaborative working environment, one in which imagination, innovation and originality are first valued, then nurtured. We pride ourselves in creativity and the ability to deliver groundbreaking AR and AI solutions that make eyes widen and jaws drop. So, if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.