Software Architect (Mobile)
Come and join Blippar’s mobile team! Blippar is a leading technology company specialising in augmented reality, artificial intelligence and computer vision. Since launching in 2011, Blippar has been pioneering in Augmented Reality (AR) and we have since built an AR ecosystem. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to seamlessly and completely bridge the physical and digital worlds using our ground-breaking computer vision and augmented reality technologies.
Blippar is headquartered in London with offices in the US, Singapore and India. We have created a range of products that are harnessed across a wide range of sectors. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running, most recently earlier this year.
Please note: we are only considering candidates that can work on-site at the Blippar offices in London at present
* Design, implement and maintain new features for our Blippar app and SDK.
* Drive technical direction of the product, as a key decision maker in the team
* BS degree or higher in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of software development experience with C++, ideally with C++11/14.
* Native Android development experience (NDK, JNI, etc.) and/or native iOS development experience.
* Experience architecting and maintaining large scale, extensible systems, with a passion for quality.
* Strong 3D math skills with exposure to commercial game engines. Deep understanding on graphics.
* Very comfortable working with efficient, complex data structures and design patterns.
* Excellent verbal and written communication. With a history of producing technical documentation.
* Autonomous, pro-active, innovative and ready to be challenged in a rapidly changing environment.
* Strong experience in the AR field
* OpenGL, Metal experience
* Knowledge of Computer Vision & Machine Learning techniques
Welcome to Blippar, we’re a technology company that specialises in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, a cutting-edge field within Artificial Intelligence (AI) that trains lenses to recognise and understand the world they see. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to seamlessly and completely bridge the physical and digital worlds using our extraordinary computer vision and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future by revolutionising the way in which people interact with their environments. Think ‘the early days of the Internet’ … but bigger.
Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar’s technology has been used by world-leading brands such as PepsiCo, Porsche, Nestlé, L’Oréal, GSK, General Mills and Procter & Gamble to create exciting and award-winning experiences which deepen consumer engagement. And this is just the beginning. Blippar had grown to world leading augmented reality and computer vision company. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running, most recently earlier this year.
Our wonderfully diverse team, spread in 3 continents, is bursting with visionaries, inventors, developers, artists, dealmakers, mathematicians, organisers and writers. Every single person at Blippar is integral to our company’s colorful, energetic and collaborative working environment, one in which imagination, innovation and originality are first valued, then nurtured. We pride ourselves in creativity and the ability to deliver groundbreaking AR and AI solutions that make eyes widen and jaws drop. So, if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.