3D AR Artist
Blippar is a leading technology company specializing in augmented reality, artificial intelligence and computer vision. Since launching in 2011, Blippar has been pioneering Augmented Reality (AR) and we have worked with some of the largest and most exciting brands, retailers and agencies.
We are currently looking for a super talented 3D AR Artist to join our London office. Reporting in to the Creative Director. You will assist the team, bringing your innovation and hands-on experience to deliver world-class AR solutions. You’ll be a great storyteller as well as a great artist.
You will work on multiple projects simultaneously, take direction and be able to work autonomously. You’ll consult and execute brilliant ideas for new augmented reality campaigns, visualize concepts through animatics and scamps, through to polished final designs and animations.
- Strong knowledge of 3D modelling, rigging and animation in 3ds Max or Maya to a very high level of realism
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates your art showcasing low and high poly models and animated characters, vehicles, buildings and objects
- An understanding of using SceneKit and Unity
- Being able to demonstrate projects utilising ARKit and ARCore would be a distinct advantage
- Skilled user of After Effects and an understanding of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience of working with production to understand time estimates and schedules for the tasks provided
- Strong organisational skills, most importantly file management/naming conventions and methodical workflow.
- Ability to interpret a brief and communicate internally
- Experience in working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Great eye for composition, lighting and a high level of attention to detail
- A passion for AR and a commitment to personal development
Experience working in an agency/start-up environment is desirable.
Welcome to Blippar, we’re a technology company that specialises in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, a cutting-edge field within Artificial Intelligence (AI) that trains lenses to recognise and understand the world they see. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to enhance the world around us using our extraordinary computer vision and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future of these technologies. Think ‘the early days of the Internet’ … but bigger.
Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar’s technology has been used by world-leading brands such as PepsiCo, Porsche, Nestlé, L’Oréal, GSK, General Mills and Procter & Gamble to create exciting and award-winning experiences which deepen consumer engagement. And this is just the beginning. Blippar had grown to world leading augmented reality and computer vision company. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running as well as listed as part of Fast Company’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AR/VR’ in 2016 and 2018.
Our wonderfully diverse team, spread in 3 continents, is bursting with visionaries, inventors, developers, artists, dealmakers, mathematicians, organisers and writers. Every single person at Blippar is integral to our company’s colorful, energetic and collaborative working environment, one in which imagination, innovation and originality are first valued, then nurtured. We pride ourselves in creativity and the ability to deliver groundbreaking AR and AI solutions that make eyes widen and jaws drop. So, if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.