General Manager for North America
Scope of the role
You will be tasked with:
- Working with the leadership team to set the growth plans for North America.
- Drive new business through identifying target verticals, winning new clients and developing new partnerships.
- Deliver an exceptional client experience - ensuring our work exceeds expectations and we develop long lasting relationships with repeat business.
- Establishing a working environment that reflects our culture and values.
What success looks like:
- Ambitious growth strategy. Establish and execute on an ambitious business plan, aligning the team behind it and holding everyone accountable for delivering against clear goals, strategies and actions.
- Robust pipeline. Deliver a robust, targeted pipeline of prospects to ensure sustained growth. Establish a strategy to target high margin verticals where we have relevant experience.
- High conversion. Ensure our pitch-win rate is strong (80%+) and that our revenue forecast is reliable and that quarterly trends are upwards focused.
- Repeat business. Develop strong relationships with our clients, embedding an approach to account management that focuses on extending our working relationship across their organisation and generating repeat business from 50% of our engagements.
- Client satisfaction. Ensure clients feel aligned with our business and output, ensuring their making the most from the engagement, understand the value of AR and are inspired to explore new opportunities within the space. Ensure a high NPS score of clients.
- High quality client journey. Ensure a strong client focus, and deliver a world-class, seamless end-to-end experience across all customer touchpoints.
- Employee engagement. Ensure our employees are aligned with the wider business, following the right systems and processes. Ensure employee engagement score is high (80%+).
- Impactful decision making. Decisions are made in an efficient, measured way. Taking into consideration risk factors, opportunity cost and dependencies as needed.
- Visible and predictable performance. Close monitoring and reporting of financial, operational, employee and and client performance across the operation. Accuracy to forecasts with no surprises in business performance.
- Repeatable processes. Establish and delivery using repeatable processes and frameworks. Aligned with wider business processes to ensure seamless delivery by cross functional teams.
- Value for money. Deliver against budget, ensuring value for money and strong cost control.
- Strong talent pipeline. Working with our People Director, ensure we have a strong talent pipeline and reliable headcount forecast. Recruitment should be from direct sources.
- Evangelize Blippar. Enhance our reputation within the market by providing thought leadership, speaking at events and driving brand awareness.
- Collaborative culture. Lead by example, demonstrating our values, building a high performance team and ensuring we have an evaluative culture based on feedback.
- Strong relationships across the business. Work closely with international teams to leverage and share best practices globally - including Finance, HR, and Marketing. Collaborate with the global Engineering and Operations team to understand development priorities, resourcing, quality of delivery, the future evolution of the product roadmap, etc.
- Thought leader in the AR space - sees the huge potential to change the sector for the better and to drive our offer into adjacent verticals, and able to energetically champion our proposition internally and externally.
- Collaborative - excited to work with all parts of the company to ensure we build, deliver and support solutions that meets the needs of the market.
- Rainmaker - a track record of building a pipeline and winning business.
- Inspirational leader - with a track record of getting, growing and keeping great talent and shaping them into a driven, high-performance team.
- Operations experience - able to manage from the P&L to contracting, from office moves to headcount planning.
- Level headed - with sound judgment, and the ability to make balanced decisions, knowing when to take risks and when not to.
- Strong influencing and communication skills - based on credibility and presence.
- Energetic - passionate about what we do, optimistic about our future success, driven to succeed, positive and “glass half-full” / “can-do” in their outlook.
Welcome to Blippar, we’re a technology company that specialises in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, a cutting-edge field within Artificial Intelligence (AI) that trains lenses to recognise and understand the world they see. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to enhance the world around us using our extraordinary computer vision and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future of these technologies. Think ‘the early days of the Internet’ … but bigger.
Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar’s technology has been used by world-leading brands such as PepsiCo, Porsche, Nestlé, L’Oréal, GSK, General Mills and Procter & Gamble to create exciting and award-winning experiences which deepen consumer engagement. And this is just the beginning. Blippar had grown to world leading augmented reality and computer vision company. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running as well as listed as part of Fast Company’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AR/VR’ in 2016 and 2018.
Our wonderfully diverse team, spread in 3 continents, is bursting with visionaries, inventors, developers, artists, dealmakers, mathematicians, organisers and writers. Every single person at Blippar is integral to our company’s colorful, energetic and collaborative working environment, one in which imagination, innovation and originality are first valued, then nurtured. We pride ourselves in creativity and the ability to deliver groundbreaking AR and AI solutions that make eyes widen and jaws drop. So, if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.