Junior Digital Designer
Blippar is a leading technology company specializing in augmented reality, artificial intelligence and computer vision. Since launching in 2011, Blippar has been pioneering Augmented Reality (AR) and we have worked with some of the largest and most exciting brands, retailers and agencies.
We are currently looking for a junior digital designer to join our New York office. Reporting into the Associate Creative Director. You will assist the team, bringing your innovation and hands-on experience to deliver world-class AR solutions. You’ll be a great storyteller as well as a great designer.
You will work on multiple projects simultaneously, take direction and be able to work autonomously. You’ll conceptualize ideas for new augmented reality campaigns, visualize ideas through mock-ups and storyboards, and assemble decks for presentation. You will be hands-on designing experiences and apps for the AR space across devices.
- The ability to consistently generate original ideas and innovative concepts
- Working collaboratively with Creatives, UX and Developers to deliver digital output of the highest quality
- Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider digital creative community
- Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to the internal team
- A passion for designing cutting-edge websites, apps, interfaces and/or digital campaigns
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts and highly considered visual executions, preferable including interactive work
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Ideally including After Effects)
- UX knowledge preferred
- Proven understanding of typography, layout, colour and grid structures
- High attention to detail and a keen eye for visuals
- Bonus Skills: Knowledge/understanding of HTML/CSS and 3D design software (Cinema 4D, Maya)
Welcome to Blippar, we’re a technology company that specialises in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, a cutting-edge field within Artificial Intelligence (AI) that trains lenses to recognise and understand the world they see. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to enhance the world around us using our extraordinary computer vision and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future of these technologies. Think ‘the early days of the Internet’ … but bigger.
Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar’s technology has been used by world-leading brands such as PepsiCo, Porsche, Nestlé, L’Oréal, GSK, General Mills and Procter & Gamble to create exciting and award-winning experiences which deepen consumer engagement. And this is just the beginning. Blippar had grown to world leading augmented reality and computer vision company. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running as well as listed as part of Fast Company’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AR/VR’ in 2016 and 2018.
Our wonderfully diverse team, spread in 3 continents, is bursting with visionaries, inventors, developers, artists, dealmakers, mathematicians, organisers and writers. Every single person at Blippar is integral to our company’s colorful, energetic and collaborative working environment, one in which imagination, innovation and originality are first valued, then nurtured. We pride ourselves in creativity and the ability to deliver groundbreaking AR and AI solutions that make eyes widen and jaws drop. So, if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.