Senior Software Engineer
Blippar is hiring a senior software engineer to join a team of engineers working on a web-based, augmented reality ads platform. We are focusing on turning common digital ads into an immersive and engaging experience for millions of ad viewers.
Projects range from building 3D AR experiences, facial masks, and virtual try-ons, to building backend services which support scaling the platform and serving tens of millions of AR ads per day. These projects will push your skills to implement solutions at the edge of current technological possibilities.
We are looking for an explorer who can solve problems that don't already have clearly defined answers.
- Together with a team of talented software engineers, build immersive 3D augmented reality experiences
- Build tools and libraries that enable the production team to build custom AR experiences efficiently.
- Design and build services and infrastructures that can deliver AR experiences at a very large scale with ultra-low latency.
- Integrate virtual overlays in the web-based render engine with the real surrounding physical world.
- Experience implementing and optimizing 3D experiences based on DirectX, OpenGL, or WebGL
- Deep understanding of the web and web based applications
- Knowledge of common web frameworks (ThreeJS, A-Frame, React, WebRTC, or Electron)
- Experience working with game engines (Unity, Unreal, Cocos2D) is a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
Welcome to Blippar, we’re a technology company that specialises in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision, a cutting-edge field within Artificial Intelligence (AI) that trains lenses to recognise and understand the world they see. Our goal is big and unabashedly bold: to enhance the world around us using our extraordinary computer vision and augmented reality technologies. Because of this, working with us is a genuine opportunity to help forever shape the future of these technologies. Think ‘the early days of the Internet’ … but bigger.
Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar’s technology has been used by world-leading brands such as PepsiCo, Porsche, Nestlé, L’Oréal, GSK, General Mills and Procter & Gamble to create exciting and award-winning experiences which deepen consumer engagement. And this is just the beginning. Blippar had grown to world leading augmented reality and computer vision company. Blippar has been named on the CNBC Disruptor 50 list for three years running as well as listed as part of Fast Company’s ‘Most Innovative Companies in AR/VR’ in 2016 and 2018.
Our wonderfully diverse team, spread in 3 continents, is bursting with visionaries, inventors, developers, artists, dealmakers, mathematicians, organisers and writers. Every single person at Blippar is integral to our company’s colorful, energetic and collaborative working environment, one in which imagination, innovation and originality are first valued, then nurtured. We pride ourselves in creativity and the ability to deliver groundbreaking AR and AI solutions that make eyes widen and jaws drop. So, if you’re the kind of person who gets goose bumps even thinking about being part of a fast-paced company spearheading a technological revolution, it’s time for us to meet.